In recognition of National Child Safety Month we would like to share some safety tips as well as some free offers to take advantage of in October to make your home a safer place for your children and pets.
According to the US Comsumer Product Safety Commission, since 1990, more than 200 infants and young children have died from accidental strangulation by window cords.
1. If you plan on keeping your older window treatments, a FREE retrofit kit can be obtained to bring these blinds or shades up to today’s safety standards. Contact the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) toll-free at 1-800-506-4636 or visit the website at www.windowcoverings.org.
2. Several window covering companies are offering FREE CORDLESS on selected blinds and shades. Contact Stephanie at Crimson to find out if one may work for you.
1. Replace window treatments manufactured before 2001 with todays safer products.
2. Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
3. Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children and pets.
4. Make sure tasseled pull cords are short and continous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
5. Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit the movement of innner lift cords.
6. Lock cords into position whenever blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.
7. Install cordless window treatments wherever young children play or sleep to eliminate the hazards of dangling cords and maximize safety.
You can also visit www.graberblinds.com to see what they are doing to promote safety.
Crimson offers window treatments as a finishing touch on all of our projects.
Often times window treatments are overlooked, yet updating your window treatments will protect your remodeling investment. They will both complete and enhance your room by adding the perfect finishing touch. You can add softness to a room with fabric window treatments or add a warm ambiance with wood blinds or shutters.
Window treatments add beauty, decoration and mood to a room, but they are also practical and eco-friendly as well. Window treatments provide privacy and protect your interior finishes by blocking damaging UV rays that will cause fading and deterioration. Conserving energy is another great benefit to window treatments. For instance, you might want to block the sun out of the bedroom, while taking advantage of the sunlight in the family room. Also, there are thermal insulating treatments available that allow your home to increase energy efficiency according to the outside temperature.
One of today’s hottest trends in window fashions is vertical panels (pictured). The vertical panels offer clean lines and a sleek contemporary look. This new product offers the perfect solution to dress your floor-to-ceiling windows, and can also be used as a stylish room divider system. There are also several cordless options that are stylish and safe for a child-friendly home.
Crimson Design & Construction is happy to announce that we now offer window treatments as part of our service. In keeping with Crimson’s business model, our window treatments are 100% custom made to suit your needs, style and personality. Our in-house designers will work with you to select the perfect style and colors to fit your new space. We stand behind our products and offer a complete warranty.