Welcome to Crimson Design & Construction!
Crimson Design & Construction is proud to provide excellent interior design and construction services to the greater Chicago area. If you are looking for superior, quality interior or exterior home design & remodeling services, we are highly experienced and knowledgeable. Our licensed architect, home builders, designers and skilled craftsmen take pride in standing out by combining the industry’s latest trends along with the client’s desires and style preferences. We want to give you the beautiful home you have always envisioned!
Contact Crimson Design & Construction for Architect, Bathroom Remodel, Bathroom Remodeling, General Contractor, Home Additions, Home Builders, Home Design, Home Improvement, Home Remodeling, Interior Design, Kitchen Design, Kitchen Remodeling, Landscape Design, New Construction Homes, and Remodeling Contractors. Proudly supporting the areas of Chicago, Deerfield, Evanston, Glencoe, Highland Park, Lake Bluff , Lake Forest, Lisle, Naperville, Northbrook, Oak Brook, Plainfield, Wheaton, Wilmette, Winnetka, and surrounding areas.
Contact Crimson Design & Construction for Architect in Lake Bluff , Bathroom Remodel in Lake Bluff , Bathroom Remodeling in Lake Bluff , General Contractor in Lake Bluff , Home Additions in Lake Bluff , Home Builders in Lake Bluff , Home Design in Lake Bluff , Home Improvement in Lake Bluff , Home Remodeling in Lake Bluff , Interior Design in Lake Bluff , Kitchen Design in Lake Bluff , Kitchen Remodeling in Lake Bluff , Landscape Design in Lake Bluff , New Construction Homes in Lake Bluff , Remodeling Contractors in Lake Bluff , and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about Lake Bluff :
Lake Bluff is a village in Shields Township, Lake County, Illinois, United States. The population was 5,722 at the 2010 census. The first to claim land within the area known as Lake Bluff, arrived in 1836 with their son Henry. They laid claim to 100 acres of land fronting on the lake and going west to the Green Bay Trail. In 1849, John Cloes and two neighbors left to seek their fortune in the California gold rush. He died in Sacramento leaving his wife, Catherine, to raise their seven children and manage the homestead. In 1837, William and Mary Dwyer claimed the land just north of the present-day Central School. They opened and operated a stage coach stop and tavern along the Green Bay Trail. Some of the other early settlers were Henry and Angeline Ostrander, James Cole and William Whitnell.
In 1875, a group of Methodist ministers led by Solomon Thatcher of River Forest purchased 100 acres of lakefront property from Ben Cloes, the youngest son of the first settlers. The Lake Bluff Camp Meeting Association was formed and the little settlement of Rockland was renamed “Lake Bluff.” The Association planned a resort similar to the Chautauqua movement in the east, one that would provide not only religious activities but also social, cultural, educational and recreational programs. From the beginning, the Camp Meeting was successful at bringing in well-known personalities of the time, such as Frances Willard and Mrs. Rutherford B. Hayes. Summer visitors were attracted to Lake Bluff to enjoy the beach and ravines and participate in the Camp Meeting activities. A 10-acre lake in the center of town, Artesian Lake, provided additional recreational opportunities.
In 1895, Lake Bluff ensured its future as a suburb and incorporated as a village. Charles Trusdell, the first Village President, built his home at 115 East Center Avenue. The East School opened in September 1895. In 1904, the brick railroad station was erected, and in 1905 the present Village Hall was built. During the First World War, Lake Bluff was proclaimed the “most patriotic small town in America” for the efforts of the residents in supporting the Red Cross and purchasing an ambulance to send to France. In the 1920s, Lake Bluff made great plans to join the other North Shore suburbs in the race to attract new homes and growing families. New brick stores were added in the business block, and a large addition to East School was constructed.
Every alternating year the Lake Bluff History Museum organizes a “Ghost Walk” around Halloween to celebrate their haunted history. This includes group tours of the town led by residents dressed as ghouls who tell stories about creepy occurrences in the past. A notable parade on Independence Day includes a comedic performance by synchronized lawnmowers. Because of its close proximity and shared services, culture and demographics, Lake Bluff is sometimes referred tongue-in-cheek as a “suburb” of the larger and more well known bordering Lake Forest (despite the fact that both are suburbs of Chicago).
Lake Bluff East Elementary School, originally known as “Lake Bluff School”, was the first school in Lake Bluff. In 1963, Lake Bluff West Elementary School was built for children living in west Lake Bluff (unincorporated Knollwood). In 1967, Lake Bluff Central Elementary School was constructed for students in north Lake Bluff. In a land swap with the park district, District 65 acquired land adjacent to the old Central School and gave up land adjacent to the old West School. The new Lake Bluff Elementary School (grades K-5) opened on September 28, 2009. Additions and remodeling were also made to the Lake Bluff Middle School (grades 6-8). East School held its final classes through September 2009. The cost of the new Lake Bluff Elementary School was approximately $20 million and is 82,000 square feet.
Source: Lake Bluff on Wikipedia